Tofu, Asparagus, and Mushroom Stir-Fry with a savory sauce is nutritious as it is delicious! This meatless dish cooks in minutes and makes a tasty side dish with steamed rice.
The best part is, this tofu and vegetable stir-fry cooks in minutes; you’ll have dinner ready in no time.
If you’re a fan of quick stir-fry meals, this sauce needs to be in your repertoire! Full-flavored and versatile, it’s liquid gold!
I used a vegetarian mushroom oyster sauce to make this tofu stir-fry a vegan dish. You can find this vegetarian version alongside the real stuff at most Asian grocery stores, or you can order from Amazon for convenient delivery.
- The recipe calls for firm tofu, but you substitute soft tofu if you prefer the texture and remember to stir gently to keep from falling apart.
- This a quick stir-fry so have all the ingredients prepped and ready to go. Cut them into uniform size for even cooking.
- For extra crunch, stir in 1/2 cup of roasted cashews during the last minute or two of cook time.
Tofu, Asparagus, and Mushroom stir-fry is a tasty and healthy side or main dish for lunch or dinner. Try it with brown rice for a meal you’ll feel good serving the whole family.
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 package (14 ounces) firm tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 bunch (about 2 cups) asparagus, ends trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces